PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2$ 6-max Another should I call question :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2$ 6-max Another should I call question :)

villain 3 stats 36/22 AF 2/2/1/5 (127) Should I call this river bet ?

This should be a fold preflop. A9o plays very badly against a typical UTG opening range and you've no idea what the other four players are going to do.

The turn exemplifies why you don't want to play such a marginal hand in a MW pot. You've hit the jackpot and I don't really know what the best play is. I guess that raising is best but you've got to remember that you're not that close to the nuts, slowplayed sets that have turned into boats might start to rear their ugly heads.

The river brings a flush which is slightly concerning. Again though when villains go crazy on the river, they basically always have an absolute monster. If he had something like K9 or Q9, I think he'd just play it passively and check/call like he just called the turn raise. He might have spiked a flush but given the preflop action, I'd probably expect him to show up with JJ or 66 more often.

Either way I think it's a sigh fold.

Comment

HI Andrew,

Thank you for your feedback.
      I agree the cards should have been folded preflop.
      Normally I will not play a hand like that in this position. Why I did it now... most likely was somewhat tilting.
      It seems that I have some work on these kind of decisions as I call off too often
      Anyhow, it makes sense that I should have folded
      I didn't and lost to his spiked flush ...

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.