PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2 JJ Full house bet sizing question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2 JJ Full house bet sizing question

What my bet szing here shuold be ? Expesaly on river where he most likle mises all his draws.

I like your play up to the river.

What type of hands do you think villain is calling you down with? Probably Draws, Jx, TT, and 9x are safe hands to put him on.

How to try extract value from those hands depends on the villain. If he's an aggressive guy that might bluff his busted draws on the river trying to represent the 6, you don't have to bet on the river. Checking back and letting him bluff is likely the best course of action.

If villain is more of a passive calling station, then betting smallish like up to half pot would likely be the way to go, this gives him the biggest chance of making a calling mistake.

If villain is unknown, I'd assume at 2NL that he was more likely to be in the passive/calling station type category and bet accordingly.

Shoving just looks super-scary and strong and is likely to force passive villains to fold what they might call a smaller bet with.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.