PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats analysis.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats analysis.

Hey,

After speaking to a few people on the online training, they asked me to post up my stats to see where I am going wrong, so here is what I've pulled from HM2.

Any advice from any levels of play will be really appreciated.

"Game Type","Total Hands","Net Won USD","bb/100","VPIP","PFR","3Bet","WTSD%","W$SD%","Agg","Ag g%"
    "$0.02/$0.05 NL Fast Holdem","220","$-5.43","-49.36","24.30","13.55","2.56","34.15","35.71","1.4 6","39.77"

"$0.01/$0.02 NL Fast Holdem","5567","$-31.63","-28.41","22.57","15.40","4.39","37.33","46.15","1.5 1","37.26"

"$0.01/$0.02 NL
    Holdem","569","$-7.94","-69.77","22.94","15.41","2.92","30.33","48.65","1.3 2","24.40"

Not sure if I have put it in correctly, so sorry if I haven't!

Got the PM, I'm more of a STT player than a cash stat expert, there is a difference because a players stats should change in a STT as the blinds rise and the player pool thins.

It's hard to make out the way you posted but 6,000 hands is not a big sample.

Can I ask are these 6 max or 9/10 max games?
    Bracelet Winner

Comment

I had a huge hand sample, but I deleted it all as I was fed up of seeing -$200+ on the graph.... so this is my reset and it's showing the exact same thing, and I play the exact same way, which means I'm doing something wrong :/

I play 6max

Comment

I'm finding it hard to understand the stats, they seem OK but don't tell the full story.

Take a screen grab and post to imageshack.uk or tinypic.com. Stats by position would be more useful.

Can I re-iterate 6,000 is next to nothing as a sample and variance happens.

Here are my stats for this year in STTs on Pokerstars by position (if Arty could comment)

Notice there is a progression from being tightest in early position and loosest in late position (close or on the button)? Most of my chips won are in position so that for a cash player should be where you are winning yours.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

These are my stas for another poker site, not Pokerstars but my Pokerstars stats should be similar.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here are my stats for SNG's this year.

Comment

And here they are for cash games, Like I say I did reset them which I am now regretting, but losing $200+ in 2NL and 5NL is embarrassing. Makes you want to cry haha

Comment

I've just spotted a leak of my own and also got a good nugget from the PSO live chat so it's been a productive evening

Looking at your SnG stats, you have an inkling of position but you need to be more aggressive on the button/ cut off. I really think your sample is too small, you seem to be OK but I'd filter hands by position and see where I'm spewing chips. You could be limping ATs for instance middle position and spewing chips.

Really need a bigger sample and hopefully Arty will comment in this thread as I think he knows his numbers.
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for your comments Ovalman, I really shouldn't of reset my stats. I'l try and find a backup maybe?

Comment

Position is so key in poker but it doesn't seem important for most.

If your losing at cash then concentrate on SnGs. You don't need to be an all rounder to make the game pay although it helps if you've an understanding of all variants.

Try and lose less in the blinds and win more in position. Of course you can't help flips AK v 22 but you can lose less by plugging leaks you may make. Look at hands from various positions and ask your self could you have played them differently.

You can ask Stars for all your hand histories (I've never done this) which will get all your stats back.

I'm pretty vague in my answers as I can't spot anything major but I hope I've helped somewhat.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Ovalman View Post
                      Here are my stats for this year in STTs on Pokerstars by position (if Arty could comment)
                      Looks pretty standard. WTSD is on the high side, but it's not a major problem as you're still winning at showdown slightly more than 50% of the time. If you can fold some more marginal hands slightly earlier on (like on the flop, or by not barrelling the turn when you have air) then overall profits should go up, but your winrate is great already.
                      For a deeper leak-finding analysis I'd need to look at post-flop stats like c-bet and fold to c-bet etc.
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TJCUPP View Post
                        Here are my stats for SNG's this year.
                        These are fine.
                        Originally posted by TJCUPP View Post
                        And here they are for cash games.
                        These are not so good.

The gap between VPIP and PFR is a little large. You're calling pre-flop too often when you should be folding or 3-betting. Positional stats aren't shown, but you're probably playing too loosely in the blinds.
                        The most obvious leak is the WTSD. Anything above 30% in cashgames indicates calling station tendencies. 37% is way too high, so it's no surprise that you have the best hand at showdown less than half the time. Your low AF of 1.5 shows you're doing too much calling, instead of betting, raising or folding.
                        There's a simple fix for this: FOLD more often! In Zoom games in particular, villains aren't bluffing very often. Indeed, they often have the nuts if they put a lot of money in the pot. Do not be a payoff wizard. Don't chase draws beyond the turn, and fold your marginal hands (like one pair) if you're getting a lot of heat.
                        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.