PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10nl fr AK oop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10nl fr AK oop

Did I play this ok. Should I just flat call and see a flop? When the CO called behind the initial raiser was I really supposed to believe he had AA or KK. I thought he had QQ or AK. Villain 4 20/13/0 over 15 hands Villain 6 14/5/4
    Last edited by tonydolphin; Sun Jan 26, 2014, 02:34 AM.

Hi tony,

Either flat calling or 3-betting pre is fine. We don't have many reads with only 15 hands on the opener, but the caller is likely small and medium pair heavy, so I don't mind 3-betting to deny him a price to set mine us. I'm generally not 3b/folding AK on 100bb's, so when he back raises I would go with it as well. There's now enough overlay in the pot to make it profitable unless we have detailed notes that he fancies this play with AA (the flat/back raise). And, obviously, there's always a chance he can put 40bb's in the pot and fold to a shove. Not a good one imo, as I wouldn't expect much fold equity, but clearly FE wasn't zero.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thank you for the feedback. I hate shoving with AK but this spot seemed like a good spot to do it.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.