PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QK hows my line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QK hows my line

I decided to check the turn because he will fold TT. AQ and JJ has me crushed and if he did float the flop with like AK he might bet for me. He might have worse Qx but i think QT is the worst but he might only flat AQ in that seat so i decided on that turn after he calls the flop if i bet im more likely to be behind if im called. So i thought if i x/c turn and lead river he will be baffled and might pay me off with hands like TT and i would have to fold to a raise. I dont like x/c turn and river because i cant set my price and he will check back hands i beat but this way i think i get max value from worse and get away cheaply from better hands. What do you think? He had TT btw

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure what I think of your line, it seems like you're making lots of reads here, but based on what?

I would generally bet again on the turn, because I think hands like TT, T8, 98, 99, AK will feel very inclined to take a free river card, but be willing to pay another turn barrel, especially if they convince themselves we have AK.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well i dont actually have any solid reads as im not using a hud, i was just thinking about what would i have in his seat and i would be calling another bet with some hands but not a river bet on most rivers.

So i thought as players like to bet when checked to on the turn i would let him bet and lead in to him on the river to get called by TT 99 and Jx.

There are plenty of hands on that turn im ahead of but i didnt know if he even has 8x Jx in that seat and lets say i did bet the turn knowing he does have those hands im stuck on the river being OOP.

Do i bet fold x/f x/c i don't know but i don't think he will call 3 barrels with Jx TT 99 8x vs an unknown at 5nl where players aren't that aggro.

Would you check back AK then if you was the villain?

Comment

If I was the villain I wouldn't float the flop with no reads here holding AK.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Really but UTG misses this flop a ton, maybe i float way to much then.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
            If I was the villain I wouldn't float the flop with no reads here holding AK.
            [

If this was your UTG range here what would you cbet?
            Last edited by mike2198; Sun Jan 26, 2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

He does? Not sure how you define that without reads, and no idea what his range is. Readless I assume it's tighter UTG until I see different.

AK misses. AJ misses. AQ, KQ, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, 99 are all made hands of some sort. The wider we get the more misses there are, but without reads I don't think we can float profitably here. We need him to be wide but don't know that. We need him to be able to release hands like JJ/TT/99, but we don't know that.

One of the things I notice in my own game is I am guilty of floating the flop too much at times. This is a spot (readless) that would fit into that category for me, personally.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You are attributing your own play to villain. Don't do that imo. Don't try to attribute my play to villain either. Treat him as an average unknown, and err on the side of caution, until you get reads, is what I generally try to do.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yh i guess i do to much assuming i just figured if players are cbetting this flop like 60%+ then they have a ton of air but then i would need to know his range 1st.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.