PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL FR Zoom - Flopping the nuts - Best line for extracting value?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL FR Zoom - Flopping the nuts - Best line for extracting value?

How would you play this hand? Opps was 33/21/1 over 48 hands.

I'd raise the flop here to try make it look like a flush draw. If he's flopped a set or two pair he'll probably want to get it in straight away before another diamond comes. He's not folding Ax to one raise because you might well be on a draw. He'll just fold his air but I imagine he wouldn't put any more chips in with air anyway.

As played I'd probably just call turn intending to check/call river - what worse are you going to get called by other than worse flushes? If villain shoves here, you're put in a pretty gross spot.

Comment

Frankly, the board pairing and his Turn cbet worried me so I thought I'd check raise and fold if he came over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by IBNash View Post
        Frankly, the board pairing and his Turn cbet worried me so I thought I'd check raise and fold if he came over the top.
        This sounds an awful lot like "Betting for info" - a pet hate of TheLangolier's

When you bet purely for information, you run into problems:

a) You can't really use the information you get to good effect. If they raise, you fold. If they fold, you win. If they call, you haven't really found out much.

b) The information you get often isn't accurate!

You should be either betting for value (getting worse hands to call) or as a bluff (getting better hands to fold). Any information you gain from these bets is an added bonus aside to your main aim of either bluffing or value-betting.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.