PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 6-max zoom, 1010 turn and river play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 6-max zoom, 1010 turn and river play

I don`t have reads on the Villain
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
    So std open with PPs from CO, and got called by BB. After he leads the flop I was thinking of re-raising but then I thought of just calling this flop a left his bluff range in game. The turn card does not change the board texture and he makes pot size bet again. I call and the river is a face card which is potentially bad card for me, but I end up calling the river bet also. Should I`ve re-raise the turn? And should I`ve fold OTR when he bets. I don`t think they would 3-barrel bluff a lot.

I'd raise flop. The problem with taking a passive line against an unknown with such a vulnerable hand is that you have no idea what turn/river cards are good or bad for you. Any overcard could be bad, any diamond could be bad, you don't know. I don't mind folding out some of his bluffs because I also expect to get called by worse e.g. flush draws, straight draws, 7x.

The other problem with calling is that it's very difficult to range villain when he pots it. I suppose your turn call is fine but I'd fold the river. The villain is unknown and like you say, very few villains at these stakes pull off three-barrel bluffs or would play this way with 7x.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.