PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA

Hello, I would like to know your opinion of this hand. Would you do something differently or it was just an unlucky turn card for me. Thank you for your answer. KingJelimán

Hi Jeliman,

What is your normal preflop raise size? The "normal" raise size that most people use is 3x the BB. In general I wouldn't change this sizing regardless of your holding because it will become very obvious that you bet big with good hands and small with weaker ones.

Having said that, if the players at your table aren't paying attention, like a lot of people at 2NL won't be, then playing in this transparent way might be profitable because they won't adapt.

OTF you have two ways of approacing the hand bearing in mind your opponent's stack size and the size of the pot. You can either bet something like $0.70 to try and induce a call or a raise from worse while still committing him to the pot or just shove immediately, I think both are decent plays. Your bet size is basically an all-in bet anyway so don't mess about!

So you played the hand well, but just got a call-happy opponent who got very lucky!

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.