PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16nl fr AA bet sizing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16nl fr AA bet sizing

Villain 18/16/8 over 680 hands he's never raised turn before. I think my bet sizing is good on flop,but should I be betting more on the turn. Do players think 1/2 pot turn bets are weak or is it good sizing.

Hi tony,

Think about what worse hands we are targeting for value, then ask yourself what's a reasonable sizing in that light... what kind of heat can those hands take? The hands like 55 and A8 probably aren't taking much heat, no matter how much we bet. Hands like T9, T8, TT, JJ, QQ, A9, J9 , 9hXh, 8hXh, all can stand a bit more heat than a half pot bet. So go for a larger sizing for value here imo, 2/3rds to 3/4 pot at least. And fold to the raise, given the read.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.