PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max Zoom 99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max Zoom 99

Hi, villain is playing 35/28/15 over 151 hands. What to do with 99 here ? I mean, we're WAY ahead of this range. Calling and play OOP seems bad I guess. Should we 4B for value here ? Cheers!

Vs this villain I think we can peel pretty profitably. 4bet/calling seems ambitious but can be fine if there is a dynamic to justify it.

I'd just call and take a flop.

Comment

From a theoretical standpoint we should at least defend some pairs vs 3bets even OOP and the midpairs are gonna be best in terms of playability as they win showdowns more often even w/o sets. I'd call with 77-QQ, maybe slowplay KK/AA from time to time unless I have specific reads on villain's 3-betting and postflop tendencies.
      Live Trainer

Comment

I just thought it would be a bad idea to take a flop with a vulnerable hand OOP against such an aggressive villain. It's unlikely will get it to show down I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by fp_boss77 View Post
          I just thought it would be a bad idea to take a flop with a vulnerable hand OOP against such an aggressive villain. It's unlikely will get it to show down I guess.
          Folding 99 def is not gonna be a big mistake but longterm it may cost you a little. You just have to get your head in there and play some postflop poker
          Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.