PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL 6Max Zoom - Semi-bluff OOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL 6Max Zoom - Semi-bluff OOP

Unknown villain I raised OTF happy to get all in with my monster draw as I was out of position and felt that I would likely not get paid that often if my flush came in OTT. OTT should I continue my aggression or just check/call? I felt the Q was good to barrel on as better hands like 88-JJ might even fold now. I suppose I have to give up against a raise though? OTR I hit what I assume is the jackpot. I felt that sets would have played faster OTF or OTT so I felt that I was trying to extract value from either AA/KK or KQcc. I don't see many 6x in villain's UTG range other than 66. What bet sizing works well against this possible calling range?

Hi,

I just think that if you want to fold 88-JJ on the turn, you should bet more than half the pot. If he didn't raise on that flop, I don't expect to get raised on the turn often unless he has QQ.

Comment

Looks well played imo.

Comment

Doesn't UTG always have an OP when he bet calls this flop? dont think i like raising this flop vs UTG i might just lead into him here and on the turn i always bet 2/3 pot.

If i was UTG i would only bet this flop with OP and draws, so if your raising i would imagine at 25nl you bet more than that on that flop?

Comment

Hi Spand,

I agree with birdayy, seems fine. I prefer a bit smaller sizing on the river vs. tags and unknowns, as a big bet tends to look a lot like a flush. Our line looks like a possible strong hand like a set, or a draw, and if we actually had a set then this is a river card we wouldn't like, so a bet that looks like we're not excited about the river card might do better than a big bet, and may induce some spazz out raise too. $6-$7 is good here imo. I'd like to make more, but it's hard for him to give action with more.

Player specific obviously, if villain is a fishy player, a station, a bluff catcher, then bet bigger for sure.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.