PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16nl fr turn and river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16nl fr turn and river

I know I should have isolated the limper preflop but I was trying to set mine as cheaply as possible. Did I play the turn and river ok or should I have put him all in on the turn. The river should I just call Villain is 37/10/0
    Last edited by tonydolphin; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 09:19 PM.

This is the smallest point (but important), but there is no point in putting the last 1.01 in the pot after villain leads river. You have a call or fold decision.

I repeat, no point. Not debatable.

I think this is a pretty rough spot on the river and since your price is so good calling is not going to be an enormous mistake if its a mistake when you call. It probably is a mistake, for what it is worth. Villain is probably never bluffing and probably not betting worse often enough.

I think you could have checked back turn or raised flop bigger. I don't mind the overlimp to be honest. I don't think you want to get pushed out of the pot by a three-bet from the blinds or by a limp-re-raise. You have position a good stack to pot ratio and a hand that doesn't play well postflop when you don't have a set. So I like overlimping.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.