PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16nl fr AKs good fold or too nitty ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16nl fr AKs good fold or too nitty ?

[replay hand_id=624518 type=ps title_id=2 showControls=1 themePath=table_PS_560x386.jpg lang=en gameEntity=0 hash=78198DF746]

I'm getting nearly 5 to 1 odds if I call. I folded because I'm oop. I think I'm crushed and the best I can hope for is a flush or gut shot draw on flop. Is this a good fold or not.

No reads on villian I only had 7 hands on him.
    Last edited by fadmin; Mon Jan 20, 2014, 06:42 PM.

Hi tony,

Calling getting 4.5-1 isn't terrible, but it's hard to proceed well out of position when we hit... we could also consider 5-betting here which looks massively strong and may get V3 to fold hands as strong as JJ (when he's stacking off JJ that's fine, because he's stacking it vs. our range of QQ+/AKs which he does terribly against).

Folding isn't terrible either, if we think he's super strong to the tune of QQ+, then folding AK is a fine option. Although 7 hands isn't much, I might make a gut check decision. Has he played any of those hands? Maybe we won't have anything useful. 0/7 doesn't mean anything. Neither does 3/7 really. If in one of the hands we saw him 3B someone and show KTo though for example, then I would be very comfortable 5b/getting it in here pre.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think just flatting the original raise in position is also worth doing sometimes, particularly if V9 is pretty tight.

Having said that I usually 3Bet AKs and pick some AKo hands to flat call with.

Comment

Shovel.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
          Shovel.
          I almost fell of my chair. I imagined that face sayin that slowly lol.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.