PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6-max Zoom 88 MW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6-max Zoom 88 MW

Hi, both villains are unknown. How to play post flop ? Cheers!

You flop a really strong hand but the board is super-wet

Against a typical 3Betting range, this board misses a lot of his hands, particularly hands with overcards with no diamonds. Because of this and the fact that the pot is multiway, there is a decent chance that the flop will just check through, which would be a disaster as there are so many bad turn cards.

So I'd just lead out for an 80% pot bet - about $1, and try to get it all in heads up, hopefully against a lower set, overpair or flush draw.

As played I'd definitely check-raise once you get the bet and the call. Bearing in mind the stack sizes and the wet nature of the board, I think raising to something like $2 is pretty awkward and commits us to the pot anyway, so I'd just shove to extract most value from flush draws that aren't going to fold.

As played on the turn I'd recommend the same line as I recommended for the flop for the same reasons. It could be a disaster if the turn got checked through and we allowed both villains to catch their draw.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.