PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL FR Zoom - KK vs limper + 3bet line of play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL FR Zoom - KK vs limper + 3bet line of play

I like it.

I would do exactly the same.

Comment

Hey Nash,

3B sizing is a bit heavy handed vs. readless opponents, but other than that the hand looks great.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave, this was the second time I was seeing opps, the first time he had raised but I'd folded the Zoom hand then. Should I be sizing it less to disguise the strength of my hand and invite a call?

Comment

You may already know this, but in this situation make it around 18c.

3 times the raisers amount. If you were in the blinds I would make it 3 time the raiser's amount + an extra big blind for lack of position - so would be around 20c.
          Last edited by pullin1988; Mon Jan 13, 2014, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IBNash View Post
            Thanks Dave, this was the second time I was seeing opps, the first time he had raised but I'd folded the Zoom hand then. Should I be sizing it less to disguise the strength of my hand and invite a call?
            Not really to disguise the strength of your hand as I'd be sizing a bit smaller with my entire 3b range... the larger you size your bet, the harder it becomes for either opponent to make calling or reraising mistakes, and the more likely they are to play their hand correctly and fold dominated stuff. That being said, with reads we can adjust... for example we now have a read on this villain... he called your large 3b oop with J9s and then bet/called it off with a J high flush draw on the flop. So in a future similar spot I think the larger sizing is fine, and we might even tweek it a bit higher knowing he is prone to making pretty gross calling mistakes anyway (we don't want to force him to play correctly, but if he just can't help himself, then let him make larger mistakes )
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.