PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25NL 6Max Zoom - Rivered two pair gets raised

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25NL 6Max Zoom - Rivered two pair gets raised

Villain: 24/19 AF: 0.69 WTSD: 29% (224 hands) I thought this hand was going pretty swimmingly, just extracting value from a worse Qx or a flush draw. The river is a brilliant card, negating any two pairs he was slowplaying and and flush didn't come. So I continued to value bet the river and my opponent tanked for 45 seconds into his time bank and raised. I assumed his range was pretty polarized between sets and bluffs (missed flush draw?). Wouldn't sets have played a bit faster on the flop or turn? What should I do?

Snap this off once he tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
      Snap this off once he tanks.
      Why would you call because he tanked? Would you fold then if he snap raised, i normally tank most rivers where i have value to work out the best sizing to get value from the opps range and if i think its pretty strong il over bet jam the river.

Comment

If he is a multi-tabler he could very easily be tanking at another table rather than this one so is that even that great a tell unless we know he is one tabling?

Comment

Originally posted by bhoylegend View Post
          If he is a multi-tabler he could very easily be tanking at another table rather than this one so is that even that great a tell unless we know he is one tabling?
          I did try find out, but villain had himself blocked from searches.

Comment

Request evaluation.

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
              I did try find out, but villain had himself blocked from searches.
              That in itself makes me think he probaby is a multi-tabler, as most people who hide from search are at least a little reg-ish, the tell might still be legitimate of course, but it would diminish the significance of it for me as at least some of the time is taken up by decisions on other tables.

I can't see the hand itself because this poxy device doesn't have flash so will have to wait until later to offer anything more worthwhile (Probably only worthwhile to myself ).

Comment

i think id call this,i cant see villain not raising flop or turn with a set , and not value betting river. A smaller 2 pair looks more likely or complete air.(possibly Ax 2 spades)

Comment

I think this will be more often an slowplayed set than a bluff since you have showed a lot of strenght betting 3 streets. Also i don't think flop and turn are that draw heavy for villain to be check raising a set always, i would slowplay as well since i expect a reg to cbet that flop 100% of the times with garbage. Don't think a reg would check raise worst two pair here.

Comment

When they tank that long (ie past the timebank) they almost never have the nuts from my experience.

It's either;

a) A bluff
                    b) A very thin raise for value, which I believe with top 2 we are usually ahead of.

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
                      So I continued to value bet the river and my opponent tanked for 45 seconds into his time bank and raised. I assumed his range was pretty polarized between sets and bluffs (missed flush draw?). Wouldn't sets have played a bit faster on the flop or turn?
                      There might also be some AsXs in the villain's range, like AsTs, AsJs ... and other AQ I guess. Although, with an AF of 0.69, guess you'd only expect the villain to be reraising the river with AQ or a set.

Do you have the villain's w$sd stat handy by any chance Spand? Is it higher than normal like the wtsd? Or especially low?
                      Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Jan 10, 2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                        Do you have the villain's w$sd stat handy by any chance Spand? Is it higher than normal like the wtsd? Or especially low?
                        1/7 or ~14%

Comment

Request eval

Comment

I don't think he is bluffing there. With other two pairs hand's I don't think he ever raises here. It's value bet, against your A. I think .

Comment

Request eval

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.