PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl zoom AA vs utg open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl zoom AA vs utg open

35/17 wtsd 47 (after the hand was played) 56 hands I was worried about his utg opening range on that board, not sure he has a lot of KT, or second pairs that will call 3 streets. I was planning to bet/fold the turn, and checked the river because it looked like it's too thin to bet. What do you think?

I wouldnt be too afraid he had KT
    Ace Ten would be nasty but calling a 3bet pre and 2 streets with AT ?? I don't see the happen a lot...
    I would be much more afraid of him having 77, QQ or KK. Those are sure to be in his range and will sometimes take this passive line and bomb the river.

I think you played the hand fine OTF and OTT. It's often said that bet/fold is the way to go.

Not sure about the river....checking the river looks like you give up the hand. If you are planning to call a shove but are happy with a cheap showdown, checking is fine.
    If you are check-folding I believe value is lost from AQ and AK that are in his range too...

If he would bet small on the river, like 50cents in stead of shoving, I would be more afraid to call. That really looks like he wants you to call...
    Last edited by rkleefstra; Thu Jan 09, 2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Praydk,

I'm okay to lose 100bbs with Aces

35/17 looks kind of fishy even for 56 hands so their 3bet calling range does not necessarily mean KK/QQ/JJ, it can contain alot of AJ, AK, AQ, Kx, JT. So I think I'm going with three streets of value here especially that they dont raise us on any street.

Comment

Originally posted by geoVARTA View Post
        Hi Praydk,

I'm okay to lose 100bbs with Aces

35/17 looks kind of fishy even for 56 hands so their 3bet calling range does not necessarily mean KK/QQ/JJ, it can contain alot of AJ, AK, AQ, Kx, JT. So I think I'm going with three streets of value here especially that they dont raise us on any street.
        Just to add to what Geo said, I would bet/fold turn and river. If you're raised on the flop, I would call and reevaluate OTT.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.