PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NLz 6max / turn semi-bluff river busted draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NLz 6max / turn semi-bluff river busted draw

Is this what happens now in 2014 rather than 2010, micro zoom, no reads:

Villain's turn bet was a semi-bluff then the river bet a busted draw?

Also there is my 3-bet call and the re-raise came from the bb. I did so in position but is that too loose?

Had a feeling I was being pushed around so probably shouldn't make these calls in the long run?
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Jan 09, 2014, 07:03 AM.

Hi Forrest,

I don't like the preflop call personally without any reads, it's hard to know how to play this profitably post flop.

As played I like your call down. SB can be value betting some better hands like sets and bigger tens, but also some worse hands like T9, T8s, and thin value with 99, 88, A7. And there are a ton of draws possible, all of which brick on the river. We could easily have been calling the turn with a flush draw here, so there's reason for busted draws to bluff the river.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.