PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10Nl 6-max Zoom AJo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10Nl 6-max Zoom AJo

Hi, villain is unkown. Should I be more inclined to check this flop ? If so, why ? Is the turn a good spot to barrel ? Cheers!

Hi fp_boss, good question!
    Deciding whether to bet or check back the flop depends on what we think the villain's calling range in that spot is.
    In my opinion, their range will consist of weak to medium strength hands; 99-22, AQ, AJ, AT, A9s-A2s, KQ, QJs, JTs, T9s, 98s, 87s, etc.

When we do bet we will fold out hands that missed and that would probably not float like KQ, QJ, JT, Ax and get called/raised by PPs, draws. Getting them to fold their equity share with a hand like KQ is nice but if we check back we keep their weaker Ax, Jx hands in that we can extract two streets of value from - probably this line might make more sense with AK/AQ but I also don't hate the cbet here since the board is kind of dry anyways but if we are betting this flop then its to take it down with a turn barrel on scare cards and the K is a very good card to bet OTT.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.