PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL5 6 max AT OTBB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL5 6 max AT OTBB

AT is in my bluff 3 bet hand range. I think flop was great for cbet, so what would be better option OTT or OTR. do we continue and shove river? UTG: 128.8 BB (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)

Hi Shichi!

A10o can be a good 3b hand against late position steals since we expect them to open wide and expect to have decent fold equity. Against early position raisers I wouldn't include this in my range though. You run a real risk of getting called by AJ, AQ and AK and may lose a big pot to a villain with a better kicker if you flop an A. A10o vs the stronger range of an ep raiser is going to make for tough postflop play. If you flop a 10 as in this case, you may still be facing JJ, QQ hands that can't find the fold btn. Also, I would have stuck with a standard 3x raise since your hand is a semi-bluff. You aren't making a clear value bet. So, let's not invest more than necessary. I know this villain looks laggy, but 21 hands isn't that many.

As played, c-betting seems fine as it fits with your range, but it fits well with the villains range too. When the villain calls we need to reevaluate the situation. What were the villain's postflop tendencies? Could he fold a made but questionable hand? Would he raise a strong drawing hand or chase passively? Your line has looked very strong thus far but the villain doesn't seem to be going away.

Without a better read on how the villain plays postflop allowing us to narrow his range, I prefer to slow down on the turn by check-folding the turn and river. We don't have many clear out to improve with on the river. It is doubtful if we are ahead. And, from what we have seen thus far in the hand, it doesn't look as though the villain intends on folding. Hopefully the villain will check down AJ, AQ, JQ and club draw hands.

As played, I wouldn't barrel the river. We don't seem to have much fold equity. And second pair is not strong enough to risk your nearly 100bb stack. (The river card doesnt show in the replayer for me).

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Thanks Roland, it was 5h wasn't connected to the board .

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.