PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Set of flop, top kicker, 4handed 5BL zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set of flop, top kicker, 4handed 5BL zoom

unknown villains Pre: UTG bets 3BB MP+1 calls SB calls Hero () calls (10 cents for a 60 cent pot) Flop Really good flop. SB checks Hero decides to check b/c its a good flop to cbet, so I expected a cbet from the early villains . A donkbet would have looks very strong. UTG bets 70%pot MP calls SB folds Hero overbets pot, 1.4 times the pot, hoping to make it look like a bluf. UTG folds MP shoves... Is this a call? First he flatcalls UTG 4 handed, than shoves on a check-raise. Does MP ever has less than A8? Any (nut-)flushdraws, straightdraws play like this? I'm hoping for their sake, overpairs don't play like this...
    Last edited by rkleefstra; Wed Jan 08, 2014, 03:06 PM.

Fold pre.

As played i think our flop sizing is a tad large. We can make it $1.50 or so and still be able to shove OTT for less than a PSB.

We are never folding this flop.

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
      Fold pre.
      Wow, did not expect that. I would never ever fold this pre but I just did some calculations:
      Suppose 2 villains have a good A and one has a PP, I have 6% equity
      Suppose 1 villain has an A and two have pp : 6% equity
      Suppose 1 villain has an A, 1 pp and a suitedconn : 8% equity

Nowhere near the 17% I need. Got to remember this #Eyeopener !

Comment

Yep and we have reverse implied odds if we hit an ace. I'd rather call with 43s here than A8o

Comment

Originally posted by birdayy View Post
          Yep and we have reverse implied odds if we hit an ace. I'd rather call with 43s here than A8o
          Nah, if we hit an A, our hand is still garbage, not worth a single call. We would need at least 2p to continue (cautiously).

But you are right, fold pre. Man, that's why I'm leaking in the BB so much...

Comment

What birdayy says It's pretty tempting to call with an Ace from the blind with such a cheap price into the pot. But I'd rather very much have them sooooted My first instinct was to actually lead out OTF because its somewhat connected and might get checked through and we miss a betting round. Obviously want to get my money in here OTF.

Comment

So glad you both agree on getting the money in at this point ! (Besides the preflop mistake) I did call. He had 99 for a boat. I hit my 1-outer on the river! Weeeeeeee

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.