PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nl5 zoom, QTs set w/ flush draw on wet board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nl5 zoom, QTs set w/ flush draw on wet board

no read on villain playing zoom PF: - 3bet villain as his minbet to steal from the button seems weak Flop: - cbet middle pair w/ flush draw. called minraise Turn: - played chk/raise shove to maximize my equity for a flush draw or boat and my current set Question: Was my check raise shove on the turn correct? Could have I played it much better?
    Last edited by kalahwang; Wed Jan 08, 2014, 11:04 AM.

Hello,
    My first reaction on the T OTT was "wow, such a great card" , but after looking it more deeper I think it's the worst card it turned sets and JT into boats and you are drawing to just 3 outs or if he's got JJ are drawing dead . you are ahead just to over pairs but which over pairs would play that way? so if you look on the hand that way, what would you do OTT?

Comment

Hi kalahwang,

I think we got good enough equity, I would say something like ~65% to justify x/shoving the turn, against hands that would take that line: {QQ, JJ, 77, AhKh, AhQh, spews with AJ/KJ, JTs, 98s}. We need to be good 40% here with our money and because they bet the turn so big I think its also less likely that they would have a full house. So I think I like the play.

Comment

Originally posted by Shichi-77 View Post
        Hello,
        My first reaction on the T OTT was "wow, such a great card" , but after looking it more deeper I think it's the worst card it turned sets and JT into boats and you are drawing to just 3 outs or if he's got JJ are drawing dead . you are ahead just to over pairs but which over pairs would play that way? so if you look on the hand that way, what would you do OTT?

I was thinking on the same line as Geovarta that he won't play a boat that way since it's almost the nuts and so he has to give me a good price to call with my draws and pairs as the line of min raise OTF and potsize on the turn is quite strong.

How does both of us playing both around 150 BB should have affected my play?

Comment

Originally posted by kalahwang View Post
          I was thinking on the same line as Geovarta that he won't play a boat that way since it's almost the nuts and so he has to give me a good price to call with my draws and pairs as the line of min raise OTF and potsize on the turn is quite strong.

How does both of us playing both around 150 BB should have affected my play?
          As for me charging draws OTT is a good idea , you won't pay anything OTR with missed draw. but I don't think his bet size is good there . you shoved interest in the hand so he is trying to get value . but even now I think your hand would have more equity without the T OTT.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.