PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5NL 6max/deep hero vs turn minraise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5NL 6max/deep hero vs turn minraise

I am facing a difficult decision on the turn when I get minraised. Always the nuts right?! Should I fold my overpair? Villian: 21/11 | 3bet 2,8 | fold3bet 33% | Agg 1,6 } Hands 101 seen playing on more tables. Looks like a reg. Your thoughts please, thanks people! (btw, I post winning and loosing hands)
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

He seems more passive , because of a huge gap between VP and PFR. I think because of deep stacks his hand range is wide and raising OTT in a 3bet pot means a lot of strength . I think he wouldn't raise TT-JJ there, you showed a lot of strength and he isn't aggressive enough to bluff or turn TT-JJ into bluff. As for me it's very hard fold .

Comment

When V1 calls the original raise and then calls your pretty large 3Bet, his range is heavily weighted towards low-medium pocket pairs, say 22-JJ.

On the flop I think I'd CBet a bit bigger than you did, something like $1.40 as you are multiway and it is more likely that one of them (or even both) will call.

There is a theorem called the Beluga Theorem - if you are raised on the turn, re-evaluate the strength of your one-pair hand (the implication being you should usually fold). Check out Dave's Poker Theorems Lesson for more info

You've got a passive opponent who's range contains a lot of smallish pocket pairs and you've got a low flop. You've bet/raised at every opportunity, showing extreme strength, yet your opponent min raises, seemingly begging for a call and not wanting you to go away. I think he has a set 100% of the time here.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.