PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top pair on dry board - 2nl 6 max zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top pair on dry board - 2nl 6 max zoom

Real tough spot but put the guy on AK, just couldnt bring myself to fold OTT Any thoughts? Ads

Hi. Why 3bet the UTG? Since no worse will call, and no better will fold.

Comment

I agree with morduk, I don't really like 3Betting with AQo in your position. His opening range should be tighter than normal UTG and you should know that, which means that your 3Bet looks very strong with 4 players still to act. Therefore you're only likely to get action from the UTG with a narrow range of hands, all of which are ahead of you, say TT+ and AK.

As played I think calling two streets and folding to a third barrel is OK. He could play KK or AJ like this hoping to bluff you off Ax. Once he bets the river I think you are behind often enough to fold.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.