PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was this a good fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this a good fold?

I was a bit concerned by the number of calls pre flop. But once the flop come out I felt I should still Cbet and was thank full to only 1 caller and felt I had the best hand until the tern 3 bet. Am I playing to tight today? Reads 16.7/506/7.1 over 36 hands

Without huge skill edge opening KJo so early is –EV. KJs you could do IMO at 2NL.

Good fold, as you are not only hindered with kicker problems but also the multiway pot dictates that you are here usually against minimum of 2 pairs.
    Last edited by braveslice; Mon Jan 06, 2014, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Do we want to even cbet this flop? Most likely we will be underdogs in here, don't we?

Comment

I'm not sure what your reads mean? Anyways I don't think they're too relevant for this hand.

In full ring you should only be opening for a raise with a narrow range of your premium hands from early position as you are likely to be out of position if you see a flop and you have no idea what hands the other 7 players still to act are holding.

This flop perfectly illustrates why KJo is a risky hand to open in early position. You hit the flop pretty well, but I think that check/folding is optimal. With 6 other players in the pot, it is almost certain that someone has a better hand than you or at least have draws that will make the pot very difficult for you to play on future streets.

I'd only be comfortable in CBetting an overpair or better in a spot like this.

As played again I think the turn is a check/fold. The three even means 64 just got there but I doubt you were ahead of villain too often anyways, he could easily have some two pair combo or even KQ/AK.

Comment

Looking over other hands in this session its clear I was having some mental problem in my game and was playing too loss. Thanks for all you input

Comment

Originally posted by Michae2005 View Post
            Looking over other hands in this session its clear I was having some mental problem in my game and was playing too loss. Thanks for all you input
            It's great that you've gone back over previous hands you've played and identified this as a common theme in some of the hands you are losing.

Every poker player has leaks in their game, the more you can plug, the more profitable you will be!

I look forward to seeing more hands in the future as you continue to progress as a poker player.

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
              It's great that you've gone back over previous hands you've played and identified this as a common theme in some of the hands you are losing.

Every poker player has leaks in their game, the more you can plug, the more profitable you will be!

I look forward to seeing more hands in the future as you continue to progress as a poker player.
              Thank you

Comment

I think the only good fold with this hand is the one you should be making pre-flop

Comment

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
                  I think the only good fold with this hand is the one you should be making pre-flop
                  Yeah I know.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.