PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10Nl 6-max Zoom AKs OOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10Nl 6-max Zoom AKs OOP

Hi, villain is unkown. How do you think the way I played the hand ? checking the turn to check/call I think it's band since there are draws out there right ? Cheers!

I've literally just come out of a lesson with GarethC about bet/folding, and I think that this is a prime example of when the bet/fold should be employed.

You make a really large 3Bet preflop against villain's UTG open and he calls. You then fire two decent barrels on the flop and turn for value, which is great, but looks very strong to the opponent. There's no reason why hands like AA, KK or 88 aren't in your range which your opponent has to take into accouht

So when he raises all in on the turn, I think he's never got a worse hand than AK, therefore you should just fold when he shoves. Judging by the small preflop raise size, I suspect he has 44 or more likely 88.

Comment

I decided to call since his stats seemed like a crazy maniac (although only like 10 hands).
      He had KQo.

But should we fold with so much money invested ? and SPR so low ?

I think that if he's sort of aggressive, his is shoving his Kx hands since the board was wet.

Comment

We are far from pot committed so we are easily in a position to fold if we think the action is too hot.

My analysis was based on an unknown, but if you've got reads that he's a maniac/fish and you think he'll often take this line with worse Kx or some sort of draw, then I agree that calling is probably the right play.

Comment

Hi spand42, but shouldn't we be commited with SPR around 2 and a TPTK on the turn ?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.