PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NL2$ 6-max KdQd can I avoid this ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL2$ 6-max KdQd can I avoid this ?

Villain_5 VP:50 PR:2 AFq:34 AF:0.72 (50) I reraise the QK here to isolate villain_5 as he is been playing a lot of hands and is fairly passive I think flop and turn are fairly normal (correct me if you think otherwise) I'm wondering on my river bet though. Since he has called two steets I might just need to give him credit for holding a genuine hand. This is one of the issues I really need to improve. I seem to lose a lot of big pots to players like this and I would like to reduce my contribution to the fun So, do you think this is too agressive. Would I check fold the river ?

Hey betsizer,

against an unknown or more aggressive player I would mostly think about checking the river as both flush and straightdraws bust out which may be bluffed a decent % of the time.

If you feel like he is not aggressive enough to do that and may also check back too many of the weaker hands I would also target the part of his range that includes weaker Qx and midpairs with a thin valuebet.

Either way, I feel like our hand is too strong in this spot to be considering check/folding here - so choose a line that you think fits this villain type best. NH!
    Live Trainer

Comment

I'm sorry, I forgot to thank you. I really appreciated the analysis. Thank you

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.