PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max Zoom K8s button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max Zoom K8s button

Hi, villain is playing 23/16/9 over just 95 hands. Should I have raised the flop ? Should I fold this hand to the turn aggression ? What you guys think of the overall play ? Cheers!

Playing a short stack they should not always have you beat. With 95 hands you don't know how often they call LP steal raises. After their donk and your call they should never fold after double barreling on the turn.

With a 1/2 stack they don't need a bigger king to take this line.

Comment

Hi fp,

I'm not folding to him. If he had AK he would have 3b pre, KQ/KJ/KT/44 would often check/call or check/raise the flop. The donk bet makes all these much less likely imo, I expect him to have a lot of pockets 55-TT and some ace high air making a move, maybe that turned a flush draw.

I think raising the flop is a clear mistake. It will probably fold out all of his "see where I'm at" hands (55-TT) and certainly fold out his ace high bluffs, all of which are very low equity hands vs. yours (2 outs for pairs and runner runner for bluffs). He won't ever fold a better hand though, so since we have to pay off his KQ's and 44's lets let him give us more action with his 2- outters as well.
      Last edited by TheLangolier; Tue Dec 31, 2013, 07:13 AM.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think having any raising range on this flop is a mistake.

Comment

Hi guys,
          thank you for the insights they are as always really helpful

Unfortunately he had 55 here and made a full house on he turn lol.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.