PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJs multiway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJs multiway

What do you make of this guys play, it looks like monkey business to me. Ive just seen alot of this in the 600 hands i just played, ive never seen so much 3 betting since i played poker. I must of been 3bet 1 in 3 hands i opened.

Hi Mike,

Preflop is fine.

I like the flop bet. I also like the turn action. I think we would tend to get check/raised on the flop by AQ or 22, and seems a pretty crazy loose peel with KT, so I'm happy to go with this strong a made hand + a draw to the nuts.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I'd bet a bit bigger OTF but otherwise standard.

Comment

Originally posted by mike2198 View Post

What do you make of this guys play, it looks like monkey business to me.
        Some of the stuff the villain might (?) have been thinking about, might have been like:

- T8s pre-flop call in the sb - maybe this was because there were already 3 in the pot, and 2 were deep-stacked like him?

- post-flop call - assumed his flush draw was good, so he was getting a good price to call, especially if the big stacks came along?

- here, I dunno - your turn bet looks like you've got something strong, although he was probably able to rule out AA and QQ. He's really only representing KT or TT, which is such a narrow range ... think it would have been wrong to fold AQ or AJ, and then you had the nut flush draw to boot hehe. But once you 3-bet, if he thought both his draws were good, then he must have thought he was getting the right price to call?

Not sure ... just guesses I guess

Comment

Originally posted by mike2198 View Post
          ive never seen so much 3 betting since i played poker. I must of been 3bet 1 in 3 hands i opened.
          haha - ya, it never ends, does it? Apparently it just keeps getting worse and worse the higher up we go

Comment

Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
            Some of the stuff the villain might (?) have been thinking about, might have been like:

- T8s pre-flop call in the sb - maybe this was because there were already 3 in the pot, and 2 were deep-stacked like him?

- post-flop call - assumed his flush draw was good, so he was getting a good price to call, especially if the big stacks came along?

- here, I dunno - your turn bet looks like you've got something strong, although he was probably able to rule out AA and QQ. He's really only representing KT or TT, which is such a narrow range ... think it would have been wrong to fold AQ or AJ, and then you had the nut flush draw to boot hehe. But once you 3-bet, if he thought both his draws were good, then he must have thought he was getting the right price to call?

Not sure ... just guesses I guess
            I don't mind his preflop call with all the players in the pot, its his turn raise does he actually think im ever bluffing here? I would of found a fold with AK and no clubs, i was just wondering if i should be raising any turns as a semi bluff sometimes myself.

Comment

Will have to wait for someone else to hopefully come around and answer that I guess - not sure

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.