PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fold nut made straight w/ also straight-flush gutshot draw on paired board OTT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fold nut made straight w/ also straight-flush gutshot draw on paired board OTT?

title is a bit wrong, sry , so fold OTR?
    hoped he does this just with the trips with something like K4 or 23o, ...
    Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Fri Dec 27, 2013, 12:05 PM.

Hi,

I think this is a pretty easy fold without any reads. Wish we started getting some reads.

This type of line is the ultimate "I slowplayed myself to no value so will try to make up for it now, it will look so bluffy". Except it doesn't look bluffy at all, because one could effectively bluff here with a bet of $1.50 instead of their whole $11 stack... it looks like someone who flopped a monster and slow played it, and are now trying to make up for that folly and regain their lost value.

Reads are helpful because it would be nice to know if this player spews this hard without monsters, which might make it closer.

But the math is relevant here regardless. We have to call 11.09 to win 12.90, so our break even point is 46.2%. Is he spew/punting his stack here almost half the time? Probably not.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.