PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tutorial- how to get value from Q-high

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial- how to get value from Q-high

watch and learn moke: it's not shown here but villain had JQo, mb he put me on QT, or he did read my soul :O
    Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Dec 26, 2013, 06:29 PM.

To be fair he probably has an intense history for you which includes J7 sooted, Q4, J7 sooted, chasing gutshots....oh and did I mention J7 sooted?

Can't blame the fella, he is massively ahead of your range.

Comment

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
      To be fair he probably has an intense history for you which includes J7 sooted, Q4, J7 sooted, chasing gutshots....oh and did I mention J7 sooted?

Can't blame the fella, he is massively ahead of your range.
      dun h8 my J7 sooted, teh nuts

Comment

brace urself, my wide range is coming

Comment

Q-high? Looks like TP2K to me. Q kicker is different from Q-high.

Why check the flop? If they call your turn bet, which telegraphs your hand, why not bet the flop. When the Ace hits they might believe it's a scare card and donk the turn to rep an Ace?

Comment

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe View Post
            Q-high? Looks like TP2K to me. Q kicker is different from Q-high. Why check the flop? If they call your turn bet, which telegraphs your hand, why not bet the flop. When the Ace hits they might believe it's a scare card and donk the turn to rep an Ace?
            i meant how to get value from villain's Qhigh not mine.. he haz JQ(not shown) and i haz AQ umbup:

Comment

Hi , Definitely c-bet the flop after 3-betting pre, we want to put pressure on small/medium pairs that tried to set mine us to fold and K-rag-rag is a great flop texture for this. Turn and river look standard and fine... although vs. a good hand reader our hand is face up with the small river sizing. Vs an unknown who probably isn't reading hands I think it's good to induce calls from hands like Kx. Vs good hand readers the line we took will look more like QQ/JJ if we bet bigger, like we are trying to rep the scare card ace, so that is more likely to get called by Ax/Kx imo. Villain is obvously a fish paying you off with Q high (maybe he misclicked lol), so now we have a read, value bet larger in the future with your entire value range, and value bet thinner as well. It's not much of a tutorial on getting value from Q high, you bet top pair against a stationy fish... good job, do that more. umbup:
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                Hi ,

Definitely c-bet the flop after 3-betting pre, we want to put pressure on small/medium pairs that tried to set mine us to fold and K-rag-rag is a great flop texture for this.
                yez , but just sayin, that if i did bet flop he will fold JQ most likely

Comment

Originally posted by NaturoSasuki View Post
                  yez , but just sayin, that if i did bet flop he will fold JQ most likely
                  If that's the tutorial part, I disagree. Most players would fold QJ at any point in the hand, and wouldn't cold call a 3B pre from out of position with QJo in the first place, it's a massively fishy play.

Given how this guy played, while we can't be certain, I think he was more likely to call the flop than fold it.
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                    If that's the tutorial part, I disagree. Most players would fold QJ at any point in the hand, and wouldn't cold call a 3B pre from out of position with QJo in the first place, it's a massively fishy play.

Given how this guy played, while we can't be certain, I think he was more likely to call the flop than fold it.
                    what makes u think dat? only read dat he will call for backdoor-straight-draw, def not see reason for even biggest recreational player to call here.. as when they not conect to flop and not have overcard --> they easily folds most of the time (but they call with backdoor-flush-draw all the time, but not backdoor-straight-draw on so much disconnected board.. mb other one ), but dont folds if hit bottomz pair
                    Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Dec 26, 2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.