PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK allin preflop , zoom no info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK allin preflop , zoom no info

is it good to be protective like dis with A6o in bigblind?
    is it OK for me to call him like i did?

Without reads, at 6 max, and given how he played it, I think I would hesitantly stack off. Especially as being suited gives us a little more equity.

His play is horrific. He only gets called by premium hands the vast majority of the times.

Comment

Once you 4-bet, then you are committed to calling a shove. If you're not calling the shove, then you turned your hand into a bluff, which would be a pretty spewy thing to do with a hand as strong as AK. (With the effective stack being 100bb, 4-betting and then folding seems ridiculous to me, although you could do it with hands like AT/A6s. But there's little need to 4-bet bluff at 10NL, however, in my opinion.)
      In short, if you're 4-betting, it's with the intention of stacking off. If you aren't planning to call a shove, don't 4-bet in the first place.

Math-wise, you need to call $7.70 into a final pot of $20.05. That means you need equity of 770/2005 = 38%. If villain only ever stacks off QQ+/AK, then you have 42% equity so will be slightly better than break even in this spot. If villain only stacks off pairs, you don't have the right price, as you'll have about 34% equity vs QQ+. If villain ever gets it in with JJ or AQ, or worse you're in even better shape.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Call and fist pump when you see 2 live cards

Comment

Stacking off with A6o is simply terrible - you were lucky to find this villain

Your play preflop is fine. I think both calling the 3Bet in position or 4Betting are both +EV plays. Like Arty says, if your 4Bet it has to be with the intention of playing for stacks preflop.

Comment

remember to note this player as an epic tard, so next time you see him you can extract extreme dollarage out of his behindumbup: [expanding on that] this is the type of villain you want to valuetown the crap out of, but avoid bluffing them as they will no doubt look you up and it's just wasted $

Comment

Originally posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
              remember to note this player as an epic tard, so next time you see him you can extract extreme dollarage out of his behindumbup: [expanding on that] this is the type of villain you want to valuetown the crap out of, but avoid bluffing them as they will no doubt look you up and it's just wasted $
              yez yez i did made note btw u haz so many starz under ur name dat it made me dizzy

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.