PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad play

idk wut i was thinking... he had around 50BB so i decided to push him and hope for some big cards or flush draws...
    that minreraise preflop made me think he dont have big pair.. but then again im not a big favorite against anything exept for AQ AK AJ

I actually don't think shoving is as much of a terrible play as you make it out to be.

However I think when villain bets on such a wet board, he's normally got a pretty strong holding. I don't think calling is a good option due to villain's short stack.

I'd err on the side of folding here simply because I don't know the villain, but I think shoving is the 2nd best play, he might well call with two overcards without a draw. Just to put some numbers on this, if villain's calling range is TT+, AQ+, you are 43%. If he only has TT+ and AK+ in his range, you only have 33%. If you put some other flush draws in there, then your respective equities go up.

So I think folding is best and you only lose a small pot!

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.