PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 NL zoom 6max - light value OTR with OP against fish?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 NL zoom 6max - light value OTR with OP against fish?

Villain: Only 3 hands, but most likely a fish: small stack size, limp, limp call, VPIP:67, WTSD:1/2

OTR: Light (thin) value bet, put him AI or X/F?

PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Button ($5.99)
    Hero (SB) ($5.16)
    BB ($8.13)
    UTG ($3.97)
    MP ($14.87)
    CO ($7.53)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
    UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.19

Flop: ($0.53) 10, Q, 5 (2 players)
    Hero bets $0.38, UTG calls $0.38

Turn: ($1.29) 3 (2 players)
    Hero bets $1.02, UTG calls $1.02

River: ($3.33) Q (2 players)
    Last edited by braveslice; Mon Dec 23, 2013, 06:34 PM.

Since half the villain's stack is already in they are not folding if they have any piece of the the board, so put them all in.

YMMV

Comment

Hi brave,

I agree with value betting... it's kind of thin but if he's loose/stationy he's going to pay us with Tx and smaller pairs. If the flop was wet and villain more aggressive it would be a decent spot to check call to induce bluffs from busted draws. Against this guy thin value betting seems maybe slightly better here than other options.
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Great, thank you!

I did, and he called with Q7o. I needed some reassertion that thin is still good.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.