PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dunno where i stand, zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunno where i stand, zoom

is it tight fold or good? i dont know where im standing, he can alrdy haz higher set, and if i hit K he can haz A for higher straight.... umbup:

Good fold IMO.

Essentially you're drawing to a gutshot straight draw as you're really not happy with life if a K turns up.

He also made a pretty big CBet so you're not even getting a particularly good price to call.

Comment

Well it is not a big c bet 3 handed, one thing you can be sure of is he has not got AK, If he did have it , note and tag.

The main thing here is you are 3 handed, and have the idiot end of the draw, so you cant look at it is a standard oesd, as it 3 handed there is a reasonable chance someone has the ace, which puts you in a hole if the king drops. You can only basically chase an 8, and even then you may not have the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
        one thing you can be sure of is he has not got AK, If he did have it , note and tag.
        Why can't villain have AK here?

Comment

Because the c bet is too strong if he has nuts on a safe board.

More likely he would slow play it as there are no flush draws out there, so would expect smaller c bet.
          Last edited by Danutz75; Mon Dec 23, 2013, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danutz75 View Post
            Because the c bet is too strong if he has nuts on a safe board.

More likely he would slow play it as there are no flush draws out there, so would expect smaller c bet.
            If I'm villain, I choose this same bet-size with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, KQ, QJ.

Slowplaying or under-betting with the nuts here is what a bad player would do, in my opinion. On a board like this, there is too much value to be gained, so I'd bet big with all my value hands.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
              If I'm villain, I choose this same bet-size with AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ, KQ, QJ.
              Yes, I am sure you would. However my point still stands. umbup:

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.