PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wut would u do postflop? zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wut would u do postflop? zoom

watching at it now, i could have easily just checkcall river since he just minbet preflop from SB to steal my BB...
    but i was playing 4 zoom tables so dat escape my attention

If you're going to steal from the Small Blind, I'd make it slightly bigger than a minraise because if you get called, you'll have to play the pot OOP. Therefore you want to make it more expensive to call. I normally make it 2.5x or $0.12 in this case.

I'm not sure why you bet pot on OTF. If you bet something like $0.13, his action will be identical to if you make it $0.21. You might as well achieve the same results for a cheaper price.

I'd call the raise like you did, you've also got some backdoor straight equity as well as the flush draw.

OTT I'd play it like you did, although I think the villain very much likes his hand judging by the bet sizing.

A very interesting river turned up. I think villain's most likely holdings are some two pair, most likely T9, or a set (very likely 55, I think he'd raise 99/TT Preflop). He could also have QT or Q9 but this is relatively unlikely as you have a Q blocker. Other possibilities are J8 or a missed flush draw. I think he'd check back Tx or QJ.

You're getting slightly worse than 2.5-1 on a call which means you have to be correct ~41% of the time for this call to be profitable. I think this is really close. If you think villain is capable of calling preflop with T5 or 95 and/or you think he'd play a missed flush draw this strongly, then I'd call. Otherwise against an unknown villain who's showing such strength, I doubt we're good 41% of the time.

I wrote the above before I saw what you did on the river - that's really spewy I'm afraid. You're not achieving much by raising here other than charging yourself extra when he does have a better two pair+.

Comment

One thing that I noted in several of your recent posts is you are happy to raise pre and call 3 bets.

Think you should be looking at this as there could definitely be arguments made for raising bigger pre, and 4 betting.

Comment

Originally posted by spand42 View Post
        You're getting slightly worse than 2.5-1 on a call which means you have to be correct ~41% of the time for this call to be profitable.
        Um, pot lays a price that translates to 29.1%. Villain would have to overbet the pot for us to ever need more than 33% equity.
        I check-call there, but I think we won't be good much more than 30% of the time.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

yes, i would have checkcall (when i replayed the hand) but wasnt focusing cuz played 4 zoom :S

Comment

Yes you're right of course Arty, definitely a maths fail there on my part...

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.