PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

deepstack hunting/pushing straightflush-draw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deepstack hunting/pushing straightflush-draw

OTF can i raise or 3bet or 5bet to allin here?
    or when deepstacked like this, is it better to just call to see if i hit my straightflush or set? cuz my 6high-flush wont be good against overpairs (thats what he most likely haz here, cuz he reraised preflop)

I think this spot is pretty villain dependent.

I think he preflop 3Bet and raising that flop range is heavily weighted towards overpairs (possibly with a club) or AK/AQ with a club. I don't think your typical 5NL opponent is folding any of those holdings even if you shoved. Therefore I like the call OTF

Against an opponent capable of folding no-club overpairs to resistance, I might be tempted to raise the flop and fire again on the turn. But you'd have to have good reads to this effect.

However I don't really like the call on the river. I don't see 66 ever being the best hand when he bets the river despite a potential scare card for overpairs turning up. I think just folding is best.

FWIW I don't think a river raise is any good, even against a TAG regular because it's difficult for you to represent a 5 when calling a PF 3Bet and full houses/flushes don't make sense with how you played the other streets.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.