PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Villain is unknown Does everyone agree that the river bet would be to thin? I decided to check the river and fold but this guy just snap jammed it all in and he basically had a flush or he didn't. I have all ready folded 2 sets in 1k hands and i was right in folding but this time it looked like BS to me with the timing and what not so i called.

Hi mike,

I don't really understand why your plan was to check/fold the river... our hand is easily strong enough to bet for value imo. I like about $1.20 here to target hands like 9x, hands like As9x make a lot of sense, flop peels with a king as well will call. I don't think it's too thin at all.

As played the snap jam looks like a bluff, I agree. If he had a monster he might need a second to think about how much to bet, how much can you call, etc.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Dave the reason i was going to fold the river was because the flop was 9 high and he called a big flop bet and a turn bet on a K, i couldnt see what im getting value from on the river.

I thought i could get a bet out of a K but he could bluff alot of pair plus draw type hands that missed and i was gonna call depending on how he played the river.

Are you suggesting a 9 will call because its 5nl? Or is that what you would go for value for at even 25nl?

Just wondering because its very rare ive seen 3rd pair call a river bet at zoom.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.