PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nl 6 max zoom AKo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nl 6 max zoom AKo

AKo tough spot, just call OTT re evaluate river? Ads

Hi ads,

I think you're assessment in hindsight OTT is about right.

I think villain might have a pretty wide donkbetting range OTF on such a wet board, I can see him donking a flush draw, Jx, he might even play his strong hands like flopped two pair/sets/straights like this because he doesn't want to see any scary cards OTT or OTR.

By raising like this you are mostly value-owning yourself, worse hands like Jx or worse Kx will likely fold and better two pair + will call. However you might also get called by pair + draw hands particularly if they've turned a diamond draw e.g. KQdd.

If you just call the turn, villain is likely to give up or bet small OTR with his missed draws so you can get to showdown much cheaper. If he shoves the river and we don't improve, I'd just fold.

Comment

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and you were unlucky he hit his miracle flop.

However, you can not just flat that flop, ever.

Comment

I'm stationing to the river. You're way ahead or way behind, so keep the pot small by calling. If stacks were deeper, I'd probably fold to a big river bet if it's a heart, ten, or pairs the board.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

At 2NL an odd stack/rec player donks a wet board in a 3bet pot when i'm at the top of my range? I'm going in in the flop almost always unless the guy is a passive nit.

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.