PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing micro half stack 2c or 5c NL - We don't give up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing micro half stack 2c or 5c NL - We don't give up

Not the norm HA not to buy-in for a full stack but I have found some profit doing this, then blow my half stack against any random K3o etc.. Getting stubborn as a non-beliver.

Anyway reducing the liability of loss by only playing off 50bb gives a new dynamic.

So an unknown shorty at a 5NL regular table, sb open and then firing 3 streets oop. Got me thinking this opponent looks too stubborn not giving up. Or "It's not you it's me"?

I think calling down spoiled any future relationship - testing boom.

The only thing that worries me a little on this river is his small sizing and he could well have a lot of strong hands like AK/AQ/KQ/KJ and even AJ. The odds are great but probably not the most deciding factor here.

However, given that it is a blind vs blind situation we probably deal with an increased likelihood for wider than usual ranges resulting in higher than usual barreling frequencies. I like your calldown.

I usually make these kinds of calls dependant on how I view villain (reg or recreational player - against the latter I am most likely to call down).
    Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.