PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5nl zoom overpair OOP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5nl zoom overpair OOP

31/19 Cbet Flop 76 Turn 55 1k+ hands So here's a situation I get into alot, oop with top pair/small overpair, and I don't see villain hitting alot. What would be the best line here? after we check to the raiser and squeeze a cbet out of him, do we raise, do we call and lead turn? I decided to lead this time because of his cbet turn%, but what will I get called by? Maybe the turn should be a x/c too, but what's his value range when he barrels that turn? TT+?

I hate donking ott.

It's closer between check/calling or check/folding the turn. If we check OTT and he continues, lets look at what's happening. He raised utg and is double barreling a low board. We are crushed vs his overpair heavy range.

I would most likely check/call turn (though we can seriously consider folding there and then) and check/fold basically any river except a 9.

Comment

Hi Pray,

I agree on not liking the turn lead. We are really not considering enough post flop stats here, stuff like went to showdown would be useful. Given his c-bet stats it seems he's slowing down on the turn a lot, probably continuing to barrel with made hands and draws. Since there are no draws present, I think we can check and fold to a double barrel here pretty comfortably, as his 2 barrel range on this board texture will contain too many hands in the TT+ range. If the turn goes check/check, this is where WTSD comes into play for me. I would plan to check/fold an ace, check/call a normal bet on a K, Q, J, or T, fold to a big bet. Check call all smaller cards vs a guy with a low WTSD (to let him bluff), and lead all small cards vs a guy with a high WTSD (to let him bluff catch us with ace high and small pairs).
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.