PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good bad rvr call?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good bad rvr call?

i thought he would always check with Jack , lol , so betting looked bluffy to me

I don't know why you think villain would check back a J? He wants to try extract value from pocket pairs or random A-high hands that people can't fold.

I think villain might check back a 4, but I would CBet with this as opponents generally don't like to fold to CBets on paired boards.

Having said that, I don't mind the call in position and seeing what happens on the turn (although this does go against one of ArtySmokes' principles - if you are playing to set mine and miss, then always fold.)

When he bets the turn, I think calling isn't a great option. I also don't really like raising, although I would prefer raising as a bluff to calling. I think just folding is best and move onto the next hand only losing a small pot.

Comment

I would fold the flop multiway. Even though we may be ahead some of the time it's not by much as we never know which turn/river overcards may or may not hit villain. Also we do not close the action OTF.

Turn I would fold as for him betting into two once and then again into you after you called the flop he will usually have a stronger range. That being said he may be valuebetting a lot of better OTR too.
      Live Trainer

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.