PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max Zoom QTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max Zoom QTs

Hi, villain is unknown. Should I consider checking back the turn ? I thought that I shouldn't since 9x could call and there were draws out there. Cheers!

I think checking back the turn is better.

This hand probably only worth two streets of value, worse hands won't call down all three streets. Therefore I think bet - check - bet is optimal.

Comment

I use the bet-check-bet line quite often with one pair, but I think bet-bet-check is probably best on this board, for the reasons given in OP. There's value to be gained from worse pairs, flush and straight draws on the first two streets here.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi fp!

As spand42 mentions, with top pair marginal kicker, we shouldn't expect more than one or two streets of value. Betting the flop looks great. You keep the initiative. You have top pair and you want to bet both for value and to protect your hand by giving draws/overcards a bad price.

On the turn, not much has changed unless the villain has 108. Most drawing hands are still drawing. I prefer to bet the turn for the same reason we bet the flop. We want to protect against the draws/overcards AND get value from opponents chasing them. If we wait until the river the villain will know if they got there. If they didn't you won't gain more value from them. If they did get there, then you don't want to put more in the pot.

Checking the turn keeps the pot under control, but seems to lose you value on all the river. As Arty mentions, bet-bet-check seems to gain more value for you more times than not. A read on the villain would help.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.