PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just no way i can fold that flop is there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just no way i can fold that flop is there?

Hi hendo,

I'll admit I'm baffled by your preflop actions. You provide no reads what so ever, so I don't understand what your plan is here. But absent reads, firstly I would be 3-betting the initial raiser. When the action comes back to you at .40c, this 4-bet sizing is also off. You have made it a crystal clear committing amount for all villains. Consider what % of their remaining stack this is to call your 4-bet:

V2: 100%
    V3: 57%
    V6: 65%

No one can realistically ever call this and fold later (well they can, but it would be pretty horrible), so the sizing makes it much more difficult for opponents to make calling or raising mistakes. Make this more like 1.50 imo.

So hopefully the above also answers your flop question. Everyone is committed. Folding the top overpair for $2 into an $11.25 pot would be ridiculous.

Incidentally, despite your preflop actions, V3 did in fact make a pretty atrocious mistake calling $3 after this action came back to him with you flat/back raising huge and V2 3b/calling off in a multi-way pot... TT is never good here, and often in 3rd place, and he is getting no where near the right price to try and flop a set... unlucky, hope you marked this guy with a note so you have reads next time... when you have a very strong hand and he seems to have a hand he likes (as was here, cold calling a 3b), then making large value bets (even overbets) seems like a good adjustment vs. him.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Agreed preflop was a complete mess.
      Last edited by birdayy; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 07:00 PM.

Comment

yeah i know i kinda messed up a little (alot lol) i flat called hopping for action behind just didnt think id get action from all three... then i kinda got stuck with what to do
        plan was to reraise and get shoved on light
        always bet my AA just thought id try something different wont be happening again lol

Comment

Originally posted by hendo30 View Post
          yeah i know i kinda messed up a little (alot lol) i flat called hopping for action behind just didnt think id get action from all three... then i kinda got stuck with what to do
          plan was to reraise and get shoved on light
          always bet my AA just thought id try something different wont be happening again lol
          You need reads for this, which you didn't have. If you've got some squeeze happy players behind the idea is ok! Your sizing sort of deters anyone from shoving light though, so you need to have a more well defined plan for how to proceed when you get the action.
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

yeah i kinda got caught out by three players calling would have made it smaller but i didnt want to go to the flop with three players

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.