PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to cash game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to cash game

what is the best betsize for beginers in cash game

Hi,

Bet size pre flop, if it folds around to you, at the lowest cash stakes? I'd make it 3x the big blind, so 6 cents at 2NL. Then "it depends" on the game, 6-max or full ring? You may decide 4x works better from early position. Then if you are stealing from late position perhaps reduce your open raise to 2.5x or as low as 2bb depending on the stakes.

Post flop I would generally bet more than 1/2 pot, then up to 70% of pot, again "it depends" on the flop texture, my position and who the opponent is?

A very general question that could get many answers and opinions.

Comment

If you get the chance you might like to check out some of our courses which will give you a lot of help and advice to improve your game. The section on bet sizing can be found here.

Also Felix has a few videos on bet sizing that might be helpful, you can find them here and here.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Comment

3bb, like stated by Forrest.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.