PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ folded, QQ fast and hard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ folded, QQ fast and hard

this hand is against unknown(for me they are still all unknown) decided not to raise preflop and even not to bet the flop although I hit it hard. think I played it bad and have to fold on the river... had a pretty good session thanks to some folding... I 3bet and got a call from guy from previous hand... flop is good so I bet, and than I bet potsize to finish the hand. thinking maybe he got diamonds or can spike ace... should I do that or bet smaler to the end to extract more value?

Hi,

Looks like 2NL 6-max. The 1st hand I guess is to show a read on the player to your left? But possibly more to review on how you played that hand when you flop 2 pair. River then fold to broad-ways maybe a ten.

In the 2nd hand we don't really have much on the villain. You could bet smaller just over 1/2 pot with two flushes drawing. But at these stakes any piece of that flop you will probably be called with pot bet.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Dec 16, 2013, 03:42 AM.

Comment

Nice hands so far, pekmansick. Like how you played them both.

In hand 1) I would usually squeeze preflop to isolate one of the guys and build a bigger pot as I feel we will have the best hand here so often given the action - and people at these stakes call 3-bets with so many worse hands all the time. As played I don't like raising back OTT as he can have a straight or AQ.

In hand 2) I would bet a little smaller OTT as you put villain into a committment decision by betting as big as you did. Would make it ~0.60 and shove the river if he calls.
      Live Trainer

Comment

thanks guys for your time, I often need this kind of evaluation to be able to continue play... and ofcourse for a learning proces ...

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.