PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL 98s 3bet pot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL 98s 3bet pot

So, what to read when villain donks blank river? Can i fold? Must i just call? It's a cooler? My reasoning here is that i'm going all the way here with AA, since it's a 3bet pot and people seem to go bananas a lot of the time...

Hey MrFlopes,

first off I think it's debatable whether 3-betting preflop with a suited connector is necessary given that villain opens 4x and might still have a strong range for doing so. I would require some more infos/reads or I would prefer to call as I have the BU and my hand plays well IP in a less bloated pot.

As played I like your line and I would also shove river as I feel villain could be taking this line with any overpair/AJ type hands. You block a couple of sets and folding 2 pair in a huge pot would seem wrong to me even though villain's line looks quite strong.
    Live Trainer

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
      first off I think it's debatable whether 3-betting preflop with a suited connector is necessary given that villain opens 4x and might still have a strong range for doing so. I would require some more infos/reads or I would prefer to call as I have the BU and my hand plays well IP in a less bloated pot.
      I agree with this entirely - proceed against 4x raises with great caution at the micros.

People at 2NL normally play very straightforward - if they bet higher than usual, it means they like their hand more.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.