PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2NL Stacking off with QQ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2NL Stacking off with QQ

Notes on villains said his 3bet range was AKo. Should I be folding to a 4/5bet or be happy to get my chips in? I could swear everyone folds when I get AA but my KK/QQ always find them.

I'd just fold to his 5Bet. At 2NL, villains never 5Bet with anything other than AA, maybe very rarely KK.

Particularly when they raise small like this, they're begging for a call.

Comment

Just call the 3-bet and use your position to narrow villain's range. On this board, you could call flop, and fold to a turn barrel, because villain is unlikely to bet again with AK, so his range is more likely to be KK+ if he fires two streets.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi nash,

I agree, unless the villain is a lag or wild player, just fold to his 5b, like spand said it's almost always AA at 2NL. And don't 4b without a clear plan, flatting the 3b in position would be superior to 4b/folding. I would only 4b with QQ here if my intent was to go all the way with it.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Is there a range I should be 2/3/4 betting at 2NL?

2-3bet AK+
          4bet QQ+

Comment

Originally posted by IBNash View Post
            Is there a range I should be 2/3/4 betting at 2NL?

2-3bet AK+
            4bet QQ+
            Not unless you want to stay in 2NL.

The ranges for these actions are situationally specific. You're getting answers like "at 2NL" because you're not playing with reads. Start by focusing on player observation, take notes on villains, determine if they're loose or tight, if their raising ranges are strong or not, how light or tight they'll stack off, etc. Then you can start constructing ranges more situationally instead of treating every opponent like a random unknown, which will improve your win rate along with your experience level, and get you out of 2NL sooner.
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.