PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTs

How do we play the river when we hit our draw here?

I don't min bet-folding the river. That being said I would probably bet the turn or check-raise. Check-call is fine given our equity but there may be better options available. Its hard to get river value when we bet- out after check-calling. How could we be bluffing? It is easier to get value if we go bet-bet-bet. I would probably fold to a turn raise if I bet myself, but it depends a lot on the size. umbup:

Comment

I thought that betting a paired turn was bad? Even with a gutter and a flush draw, would you bet a blank turn also then with a flush draw?

Like AKss on Js 6h 9s 2c

Comment

Yeah I would Mike, I think that's a spot where real equity is high enough to bet.

Betting is often about real equity + fold equity. When one is high enough you can bet no matter where the second one is at.

Comment

Ok cool ive noted that i can take that line but for now il keep to my method un till i can play the river better, maybe you could give me one example of when you miss the river and its a good river to move all in?

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.