PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10NL 6-max Zoom KK MW

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10NL 6-max Zoom KK MW

Hi, SB is a unknown fish that seems passive, and the other player is a 13/10/6 over just 34 hands. The turn is a check right ? Should I consider raising the river here ? Cheers! umbup:

I like the way you played this on all streets - using your position very well.

The board runs out pretty ugly - by betting the turn you're just inviting any made flushes to come back over the top. Of course there is a high chance that one of the two villains was drawing for a flush.

The river is equally ugly - I don't think you can do anything other can call this river bet as you are not going to get better to fold or worse to call.

Comment

Since you have the in your hand, you can check the turn. If you had no club draw to go with your overpair, then I think betting for value/protection (and folding to a raise) is better. Did villain 4 show up with 88 or AJ?
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't particularly feel like you can raise the river. I think we should treat this bet as a check and calling as a check-back. And I think in this situation we should check back, so just calling the 10c makes sense to me.

I like checking back the turn as well. We're not going to be getting into a great situation by bet-calling the turn often and I don't want to bet-fold. Granted, we will often just be called when we bet the turn and that will, by and large, be a good situation for us.

I don't think this is really the spot for us to stack off the turn and I don't think we risk that much by checking back, especially when weighed with the good things that can happen.

River, sure you may feel like the min bet is a blocking bet, but its not so clear that an unknown couldn't block bet better hands like trips or a straight on this flushing board.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.